HELLO


Hi there, welcome to my blog! and thankyou for stopping by. I have designed this blog to share with you knitting patterns that are my favourites and, i'll be trying out some new ones along the way. I also hope to help knitters new and old (i don't mean your age LOL) by sharing information, handy hints and tips, answering quieries and helping solve your knitting problems. Before you go, please help me by making a comment and suggest any knitting project you'd like to see.

Thanks again. Have a nice day!


Dianne

Friday, October 28, 2011

I-Cord Jewelry & Accessories








Making an I-cord is one of those things that seems mysterious and difficult until you now how to do it. I waited a long time to sit down and make an I-cord because it always sounded kind of scary to me, probably because it involves double-pointed needles, which I'm not too keen on.
The good news is that making a I-cord is really quick and easy, and you can use them for all sorts of things, from the strap of a bag to hair accessories.

Uses for I-Cord

I-cords is great because once you've made one, you'll start thinking of all sorts of uses for them. Here are just a few ways you might use them:
Strap or handles for a purse or bag.
Straps for a knitted shirt or dress.
Use it as a belt.                                       


                                                                             Make a headband




Sew the cord together to make a flower, a spiral, or some other shape you can use on another knitted project.
Use as a tie for a hoodie or in place of elastic in a hem.










Necklace, bracelet or broach the list is endless

2 comments: