HELLO


Hi there, welcome to my blog! and thankyou for stopping by. I have designed this blog to share with you knitting patterns that are my favourites and, i'll be trying out some new ones along the way. I also hope to help knitters new and old (i don't mean your age LOL) by sharing information, handy hints and tips, answering quieries and helping solve your knitting problems. Before you go, please help me by making a comment and suggest any knitting project you'd like to see.

Thanks again. Have a nice day!


Dianne

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Rudolf Slippers Free Knitting Pattern


Celebrate Christmas with everybody's favorite reindeer! These Rudolph slippers are great for giving as a gift.


You Will Need:
1 skein of Chunky type yarn any color. I chose a mottled yarn in browns and greens.
1 skein of chunky white
Small amount of chunky red
Small amunt of double knit type yarn in brown
2 buttons for eyes
Size 10 (6mm)knitting needles, large plastic needle, regular sewing needle and thread and 2 decorative buttons. This makes one pair of slippers.

Tension 4 sts and 6 rows (3 garter stitch ridges) = 1 inch

Available in small, medium and large size

Outer Moc:
Cast on 29 (35-41) sts with mottled yarn
Row 1: Knit across.
Row 2: K9(11-13), *P1,K9(11-13), repeat from *once more.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until  20 (24-28) rows have been knit.
Change to white and work until 30 (34.38) rows have been knit

Shape Toe:
continue in white
Row 1: P1, *K1,P1, repeat from *across row
Row 2: K1, *P1,K1, repeat from *across row
Repeat these 2 rows until you have 6 rows (8-10) then change to red and work 6 (4-6) rows then work row 1 once more, cut off yarn leaving an 8” end.

Finishing:
Draw 8” end through remaining sts and pull up tightly, then sew with large plastic needle from beginning of ribbing to form toe. Fold cast one edge in half and sew inside seam for center back

To make the antlers I used a 4 st i-cord. After working 4 rows, I slipped 2 sts to a cable needle, working with the remaining 2 sts on my working needles, increased using the Make 1 increase. The next row, I increased again to regain 4 sts. After 4 rows, I repeated the above and once I had regained 4 sts a second time I broke my yarn, wove it through my remaining sts and pulled tight and secured. I then picked up my first 2 sts from the cable needle and working in i-cord, increase using Make 1 (3 sts) work 4 rows and break yarn, weave through remaining sts, pull tight and secure. Repeat for 2 set of slipped sts on cable needle for 2nd antler branch. Repeat for all four antlers.


 I had great fun knitting these Rudolf slippers hope you do too!